Sunday, November 07, 2004 :: 5:23 AM

This entry sucks. I'm such a woman :'(

A lot has happened since my last post (although, Ninjas are still awesome). I moved back to the University of Minnesota campus (I have a totally rockin' dorm room), and am taking four classes (they suck, but my class schedule rocks). That means I'm pretty much not working any more, which is good and bad. Hooray for getting out of that office, but lack of consistent income sucks quite a bit, particularly considering my financial aid went down, and I had $67.73 left in my savings account after paying for first semester. I have a birthday (someone else's) and Christmas coming up, and past-due cable bills, not to mention another semester of school. Donations are welcome.

Also, I've now been with my girlfriend, Amanda, for over a year, and that's going pretty well, so I guess that's good. It's her birthday in a month from yesterday (as alluded to above), and I haven't gotten anything yet, so hopefully that works out. I'm open to suggestions. We kind of talked about it, though, and I might not be obligated to buy her anything big for her birthday, since Christmas is right after that (that's kind of what happened last year). I'd normally consider jewelry, but she's not a big fan, so there goes my main idea =P. Even still, I can't help but feel guilty some times for what I have now, and who got hurt in the process, which isn't helped by the fact that I still can't manage to talk to her. Anyhow...

I hung out with a good friend from high school tonight for a while, which was the first time I'd done so in many months. I also managed to piss off my girlfriend in the process, by saying that I just wanted to hang out with him (that is, didn't want her to come along), since I hadn't seen him in so long, and such. Over the course of one our conversations, it occurred to me that I don't even really talk to people from my high school that often any more, despite having spent every weekday of many school-years with them a couple years ago... It's not that I'm necessarily dissatisfied with people I've since met at college, but it sucks to realize those friendships are kinda gone. Bah; anyhow. We ate dinner at his home, with his family, which is always an interesting experience, to say the least. His father, in particular, is quite the character, so plenty of interesting stories always come up, and his two younger brothers always eagerly contribute interesting side notes (such as imitation snoring sounds, as it was tonight). I got to fix a couple things on their computer, for old time's sake, interspersed and followed by the traditional rounds of ping pong. I had a good time.

Other than that, I've just been hanging around, mostly. I got another guy hooked on the TV show Alias, which has involved re-watching the entire 66-episode (42 minutes per episode) series again. I've also picked up watching Lost (ABC), mainly because it's written or produced by the creator of Alias, and managed to get at least three people hooked on that, too. I think one of my hobbies might be getting people hooked on TV shows that I like (which currently consist of Alias, Smallville, Lost, and Scrubs). Having all the episodes on my computer, connected to a projector, showing on about a 5' screen, might help my cause a bit, but I'd like to think they're just good shows.


In other news, I should have a 20 Gig iPod coming within a month or so, and unrelatedly, you should join The FaceBook and Facebook me. It's nifty. I'm not particularly pleased that Bush won the election, and I don't think it's impossible that the results were not completely accurate, but that's about how much complaint I'll put into the subject currently. I did my part, and successfully won my state for Kerry ;).

I'm going to head to bed shortly, though. I've got some computer science and physics homework to hit tomorrow night, and probably some more Alias to watch. I hope you've enjoyed the entry, after the dry spell for a while. G'night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davy Davy Davy...this is another person from high school that you havnt talked to in a long time. I was just reading about the ping-pong and i cant help remembering all those great times we played ping-pong there. Remember when you almost got hit in the head with the paddle? that was a close one. Anyway, i hope to talk to you soon and maybe we can hit up Perkins when i am back in town (there is your hit for who this is) anyway...talk to you later
-a super cool girl from SLP High School Class of 2003

1:03 PM  
Blogger John Bartholow said...

Oh David. These friendships aren't "gone." They've just been relegated to occasional summer get-togethers and/or run-ins at the gas station, Church, AIM, etc.

John

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home